NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CENTRE- CROSS COUNTRY SKI RACER

Saturday, October 1, 2011

...And by Austria I meant Italy

So here's the good news: I'm in Italy! A last minute change of plans found us in Val Senales, Italy, on the very northern border of Italy.  We were scheduled to go to the Dachstien Glacier in Austria however their lack of snow brought us to Italy for 3 weeks instead. The internet isn't great so I'm making this short and I'll try for a picture tomorrow... right now I'm in our hotel bar (where I'm paying 12euro for 3 hours of internet- crazy, I know- and making it last 7 days) and it is slowly filling with Italians as they watch the big screen that just dropped down for the soccer game. It's all very loud as they shout at the screens. Exciting! The food is insanely amazing and the sky has been blue from day one. It is very downhill oriented up on the glacier and we take the chairlift back up to the gondola which takes us down to the hotel. We get many bazar stares... which is weird since xc skiing is very popular on this side of the world. Anyways, I'll update again soon! We are moving to a different glacier on Monday for a week and then back here for the last week. Details to follow!

Cio! or Cia? or...? haha

Erin
.... .... .... .... NOW IS THE TIME TO BE FULL OF COURAGE