NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CENTRE- CROSS COUNTRY SKI RACER

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Aren't I the Luckiest?

So after Christmas the team headed to the Whistler Olympic Park (Callaghan Valley) for the Under 23 and Junior World Championship Trials. This event is where they select team Canada to go over to Turkey at the end of February. The bottom line wasn't what I hoped it would be as it wasn't a great week of racing for me. I'll have to take last year as my last U23 World Champs experience. It was dissapointing but I have to say having my family and friends out in Whistler made it easier to move on to the rest of the season...

Brad and Barb Watts came out with my parents for a mini vacation and to cheer on the team. What's great is that no matter how hard I bonked (and I bonked hard in that skiathalon...) they were always positive and looking forward to the next race. Thanks to my cousins Sara and Michael for the foam finger haha

My Uncle Jamey came out to watch the final race on Sunday. I finally had a better race for him and his friend Jeff from PNR to watch. The sun was shining and I could hear them cheering the whole way around the course. 

Mom and Dad. Momma and Poppa Tribe. They have managed to come to so many races since my move to TBay and their support for myself and the team has been the best. My Dad even spends his "vacation" to Whistler in the wax room. Love you both!

My Aunt Sue. One of the most inspirational women in my life. She also came up from Vancouver for most of the week to cheer!

It was also great to see my Cousins Katie and Vince who just moved to Vancouver. This venue seemed to make for a convenient meeting point for everyone. I felt pretty lucky to have so many people supporting me through the good and bad races. Thank you to everyone who came out to watch!

Here are some race photos too!

Classic 10km. This was a much better race for me and at the end of the week it's what I needed. 

 SO MUCH SNOW. Sprint morning we got a massive amount of fresh snow which made for a soft day. 

Fighting for position in the quarter final.

NDC ladies! 

Andrea and I with Heidi Widmer on the first hill in the skiathalon. And then I crashed and burned. All I could do after this race was move on. It happens.

Thanks for the pics Mom!

Eeeerin
.... .... .... .... NOW IS THE TIME TO BE FULL OF COURAGE