NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CENTRE- CROSS COUNTRY SKI RACER

Friday, November 5, 2010

Run, Rollerski and Train Some More....



The past two weeks have been rather eventful. We are just finishing a three week block, continually climbing in hours each week. A few highlights include the 1/2 marathon trail event at Kamview and a skate TT we did as team. Since running a half marathon at this time in the season can be a little more taxing than we'd like, a few of us competed in the mixed team event, each running about 7km. My team included Leif and Andy. Leif brought in a solid start and I took the second leg, finishing second to teammate Andrea who ran a quick one. Andy brought it on to finish us off with the win! I was really happy with my run and I felt great for this time of the season. I drank my orange juice from a gold-rimmed '88 Calgary Olympic wine "glass of champions." Race-day ritual? I try not to get caught up in that stuff haha but it gave my roommate a good chuckle.



1st place with event sponsor Al from Fresh Air Experience

Last Saturday we did a 10km (15km for the gentlemen) time trial. It was a hilly 5km out and a fast 5km back. It sounds easy with a fast 2nd half but it really tested us to push over the tops of hills and work the flats and downs. I came in at 28:58 and felt awesome. We are in Lusten, Minnesota right now for a quick 4 day camp. Big Thunder Ski Club is joining us tomorrow so there will be about 40 skiers around for the weekend. More on that later....

I'd also like to make an official announcement to say a great big thank you to PRN RailWorks who have come on as a Platinum Sponsor again this year. They have also made a contribution to my goals for the next 4 years as I strive for my Olympic dreams. I feel very fortunate to have a wonderful company supporting me and rooting for me. Thanks!




Rest time!

Erin

.... .... .... .... NOW IS THE TIME TO BE FULL OF COURAGE